Thank you for your interest in joining the Barrie Construction Association!
Our organization advocates for a fair and level playing field. Influence procurement policy, keep up-to-date on our industry, meet peers and leaders and utilize the resources readily available for your business.
Here are the top 10 ways that we help support your business:
By becoming a member of the Barrie Construction Association you gain access to countless industry benefits.
When you become a member, you’re instantly connected with over 400 of the best ICI companies in Simcoe County.
We provide members with the tools to increase profitability, improve health and safety performance and reduce unplanned safety-related expenses.
We help members improve cash flow by advocating for Prompt Payment legislation and educate members and buyers on procurement best practices.
We liaise educational opportunities through courses and seminars each month on safety, first aid, construction-related matters as well as general business practice. All are offered at a discounted rate.
We host keynote speakers and networking events to open up the dialogue on our industry and provide our members with the opportunity to get connected.
ConstructConnect Project Intelligence (CCPI) can be added to your basic membership at any time. This service provides BCA members with round-the-clock online access to construction projects. An easy to use platform that allows members to retrieve plans, specs and addenda anytime, from anywhere with virtual and phone support available.
To meet the growing demands of the industry, and in an effort to provide you with even more project opportunities, BCA has partnered with ConstructConnect, North America’s largest pre-construction software and project information provider. You can now enjoy the following benefits with CCPI:
- Pre-Bid Projects: Project leads in conceptual and planning stages, so you can start building relationships early and fill your project pipeline.
- More Details: Each project report now contains details such as budget, area, storeys, surety, and more, so you can study the project at a glance.
- Company Database: Click on any company listed on a project, and see every project they’ve been listed on in the last few years, and their key contacts.
- Invitations to Bid (ITBs): You’ll be promoted on ConstructConnect’s Contractor Network, and receive ITBs and pre-qualification requests from general contractors.
- Artificial Intelligence: CCPI predicts projects best suited for you based on your profile, so you can sort the list by relevance and focus on the most relevant projects first.
- Automated Task Lists: CCPI automatically creates task lists for you to review new projects and project updates based on your profile and your activity, so you don’t miss a thing.
- Project Sharing: Add notes and reminders to projects, and share them with other users on your account, so you can collaborate with colleagues without leaving the platform.
- Take Off Integration: Files are already prepared, so you can move them to ConstructConnect Take Off (CCTO) (sold separately) and start estimating in seconds!
- Expandable Coverage: You can purchase coverage for projects in the rest of Canada and the U.S. and access it all within the same great interface.
- Mobile App: CCPI has fully featured mobile apps for iOS and Android, so you can review projects and even plans & specs on-the-go on your mobile phone or tablet.
Please contact the BCA office to learn how to subscribe to CCPI.
Each week, we keep members updated on legislative changes, national and local industry trends as well as new technologies and innovative solutions pertinent to our field.
We offer discounted printing rates – easily submit your orders in person and online to receive dependable, quality service. This allows trades and suppliers to access drawings without requiring additional sets to be run by architects or engineers.
We publish an Annual Member Directory which is a key resource for buyers of construction – not only does this help your company get noticed by other businesses in the industry, but it allows you to get connected and build relationships.
We work towards solving issues that affect the local construction industry. Our organization holds a seat on the Board of Directors at the Council of Ontario Construction Associations (COCA). We bring local issues to the decision makers at Queen’s Park.
Allied professional or company whose functions are indirectly related to the building construction industry. Access to all BCA services & benefits.
Membership for companies directly related to the construction industry. Includes access to all BCA services & benefits,
CCPI Electronic Plan Room
Please contact the BCA office for details on how to subscribe to CCPI.