Rutherford Contracting is a General Contractor located in Aurora, ON with job sites all over Toronto and the GTA and we are currently looking for a Project Manager to join our team! This Project Manager would be in our Buildings Division which oversees the construction of educational facilities and several historical restoration projects as well as industrial and commercial structures.
Contribute to the construction of projects through the provision of management which includes planning, organizing, leading, and controlling the administration of all aspects of the project. You will also have a Project Coordinator to mentor as well as for support for any job requirements.
Performance expectations of employer:
Be dedicated to safety. Work safely at all times, always keeping in mind the safety of yourself and others.
Be familiar with and comply with all company policies and standards and practices.
Be honest, punctual, reliable, organized, proactive; display initiative, attention to detail and strive for excellence.
Display time management skills to meet deadlines, as well as flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
Be able to perform effectively under pressure in a dynamic environment; demonstrate problem solving solutions
Do work of acceptable quantity and quality as directed.
Cooperate with co-workers to accomplish any given task.
Communicate effectively and promptly with supervisors and/or management if an issue arises which needs to be resolved.
Present appropriate image to represent the company favourably to the public, peers and to clients.
The use or possession of alcoholic beverages or illicit drugs will not be permitted or tolerated.
Be prepared to visit jobsites and attend meetings offsite
• Participate in both in house, and project start-up meetings with Owner, Consultants, VP of Operations, and Site Superintendent.
• Prepare project budget using our in house ESP based costing system, while adhering to RCL budgeting policies and procedures.
• Responsible for negotiating, and awarding contracts with sub-contractors, and materials suppliers.
• Continually monitor and manage the financial health and performance of each project using the organizations ESP based costing system.
• Prepare monthly financial reports for presentation to the financial controller, and senior management team.
• Continually communicate with the Site Superintendent to ensure that Labor, equipment, and scheduling needs are projected a minimum of 1 week ahead.
• Regular site visits to ensure that the project is progressing on schedule, and is compliant with contract drawings and specifications.
• Contingency planning for any unforeseen changes, and problems that arise during construction.
• Managing project issues including Health & Safety challenges and conflict management that may occur between own forces, sub-trades etc.
• Effectively communicate with all parties involved in the project including owners, consultants, Landscape Architects, and Sub-trades
• Continue to strengthen existing business relationships with all parties involved in the construction process, while establishing new ones as well.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of 4 years in ICI construction in a management or supervisory role
• A technical diploma (i.e. C.E.T) or undergraduate degree (B. Eng, P. Eng, etc.) in a related field
• Strong negation, communication, and management skills
• Proven time management, organization, and leadership skills
• Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Office and its applications
• Knowledge of Maestro would be an asset
• Strong ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
• A proven track record of managing concurrent projects in the past valued at over $1 million
• Additional health and safety training desirable