Industrial Floor Systems Corp. is a national contractor specializing in Concrete Polishing, Restoration, Epoxy floors and other surface coverings, and is looking for a Cost Estimator to join our growing team. We’re looking for someone with strong sales skills to promote themselves and our services.
• Prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of full cost estimates on conceptual, design-build or general tender work.
• Prepare and maintain a list of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
• Recommend/reject proposals and negotiate contracts.
• Evaluate and recommend allowances for indirect costs, escalation and contingency.
• Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
• Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
• Support other department personnel as required which may include preparing estimates for other disciplines.
• Assist Sales Manager and sales team to determine what types of projects to bid on.
• Participate in presentations to management and clients. May be responsible for “closing the sale”.
• Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required.
• Compile foreman’s packages for each job site landed with drawings, specification
• Review with Operations and QC the Schedule, Scope of Work and specifications of the project awarded.
• Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
• University or College diploma in construction/engineering degree, or construction related field.
• 5 + years of experience in cost estimation.
• Ability to use cost-estimating software to prepare cost quotes and bids.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel, word, etc.)
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current.
• Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools.
• Ability to work in a team environment with minimum supervision.
• Customer focused – respond promptly to customer needs.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers.
• Use of Personal Protection Equipment may be required (e.g. hard-hat, safety boots, etc.).
• Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
• Requires ability to climb ladders for heights of up to 60 feet.
• May be exposed to loud noise.
• Excellent stamina is required.
• Hazards associated with the construction industry.
• Customer Focused, Accountability & Dependability
• Communication Skills
• Understanding of Surface Preparation & Coating Application Equipment
• Energetic and Motivated
• Ethics, Integrity & Quality
• Problem Solving & Stress Management
We offer competitive salary plus bonus if sales targets are exceeded, benefits and an incredible work environment.
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org