Job Title: Planning Lead
Program & Department: Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre
$52.23 – $61.46 per hour
Job Summary & Requirements
Are you interested in being part of building better projects for the delivery of healthcare in the South Simcoe region? Do you have experience in the design or construction of acute healthcare projects?
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH) is seeking an individual with a passion for healthcare planning, a high level of technical standards and a commitment to excellence to work with our Capital Planning and Redevelopment team. Reporting to the Manager of Capital Planning and Redevelopment, as a Planning Lead you will get to bring a wealth of experience to the table and work directly with clinical stakeholders and hospital leadership to shape how projects and designed and built.
As a Planning Lead, you will:
• Lead multiple projects simultaneously, requiring leadership, efficient planning and prioritization skills from the early planning phases through design to construction and occupancy. These projects include Ontario Ministry of Health (MOH) funded Capital Projects, “Own Funds“ Capital projects, and other large equipment replacements and renovations.
• Facilitate outside professionals, contractors, and trades applying processes and critical thinking to ensure risks to the building and operations are mitigated and project objectives are delivered on-time and on-budget according to defined scope, timeline, and cost parameters.
• Plan, schedule, and control all design and construction activities toward these objectives, applying technical skills and judgement on design and construction, while building positive professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• An accredited degree or diploma specific to Architecture, Engineering, Construction, or Project Management (College or University level)
• 5 years’ experience leading design and/or construction projects
• 3 years’ experience working on projects in an acute healthcare environment.
• Understanding of risk management and mitigation in healthcare construction projects.
• Working knowledge of construction documentation, and ability to coordinate plans between various trades and disciplines.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and manage budgets for large capital projects.
• Demonstrated ability to lead project teams.
• Demonstrated knowledge and practical application of procurement methods for design and construction services ranging in size.
• Ability to prioritize work tasks, meet deadlines and manage complex projects.
• Ability to engage stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
For more details and to apply – go to our website at: RVH – RMS – Planning Lead – (16791) (hrsmart.com)