TOWNSHIP OF RAMARA
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
MUNICIPAL WORKS – Municipal Works Foreperson
SALARY RANGE – $31.11 to $36.39 per hour
Applications will be received until Friday, April 5, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. for the position of Municipal Works Foreperson within the Municipal Works Service Area.
The position of Municipal Works Foreman will report to Municipal Works Manager.
Municipal Works Foreperson is responsible to oversee and co-ordinate the maintenance of Township of Ramara roads. Duties include providing supervision and direction for the maintenance and construction of all Municipal Works related infrastructure including roads, bridges, culverts, drainage, storm ponds, street lighting, works buildings, trails and municipal parks all in accordance with Council bylaws and policies including the Engineering Design Standards, Government Legislation and budgetary guidelines.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Comply with and perform duties in accordance with the Code of Conduct.
- Follow the defined process in the collective bargaining agreement for work assignment, discipline, vacation, hours of work, overtime, leaves of absence etc.
- Follow prescribed health and safety procedures including wearing personal protective equipment, and operate equipment safely and competently.
- Remain knowledgeable of governmental legislation including the Highway Traffic Act.
- Stays current with regulations and best practices for methods of construction, maintenance and use of equipment and provides advice to consultants, contractors and the public, as required.
- Act as a liaison between the contractor, internal staff, utility companies, local municipalities etc. as required.
- Professionally represent the Township to Ministries, agencies, consultants and associations.
- Provide supervision and direction for the maintenance and construction of all Municipal Works related infrastructure including roads, bridges, culverts, drainage, storm ponds, street lighting, works buildings, trails and municipal parks all in accordance with Council bylaws and polices including the Engineering Design Standards, governmental Legislation and budgetary guidelines.
- Appoint crew leaders as required.
- Supervise all assigned staff and provide guidance and direction, as required.
- Supervise parks staff and oversee all parks, trails and capital projects.
- Supervise Lagoon City Parks and Waterways harvester operations in the absence of the Contract Administrator.
- Sign off on all traffic plans.
- Maintain logs of the operation of the department including details of work performed and labour, equipment and materials disposition.
- Update SOPs, and recommend new SOPs to the Municipal Works Manager, as required.
- Conduct regular tailgate meetings to review Township policies and SOPs to ensure all employees comply.
- Recommend replacement and assist in the selection of new vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Reports all known or suspected violations of the Township bylaws to the Manager and Bylaw Enforcement officers or designate.
- On call and available at all times to be able to respond to emergencies.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the Manager in accordance with corporate objectives.
- Crew Leaders
- Heavy Equipment Operators
- Part time and Summer Staff
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Probation Period – 6 months
- hour nonstandard work week: can involve, on-call, weekend, after hours
Required Education – Minimum (2) two year community college diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent training
Experience Required – Minimum (5) five years’ experience in construction preferable at a municipal level
Other: – Certified Road Supervisor
- Possession and maintenance of a valid unrestricted Ontario Class “G” Driver’s Licence
- DZ licence an asset.
- Experience in administrative practices, including planning budget needs, monitoring expenditures, and purchase and requisition processes
- Effective verbal, oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to deal effectively with people in difficult situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Resumes are to be addressed to Leanne Marshall, and marked “Confidential – Job Applicant –Municipal Works Foreperson” or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acting Human Resources Coordinator
Township of Ramara
Tel: 705-484-5374 ext. 235