Ratcliff Excavating & Grading Inc. is a civil construction company that has been providing services to the public and private sectors in Central and Southern Ontario for over 10 years. Specializing in a wide variety of projects including road and bridge reconstruction, storm pond reconstruction, stream restoration, and sewer and water-main construction.
We are seeking a reliable skilled labourer to join our growing team. The role of skilled labourer is integral to completing both large and small projects. This position provides learning opportunities to cultivate and develop your skills and knowledge for future roles within the company.
• Perform various skilled trade activities, including concrete finishing, asphalt, sewer work, pipe laying, form work, rough carpentry, and landscaping.
• Perform setup and cleanup tasks
• Provide labour support in a verity of capacities
• Direct traffic when necessary to ensure safety of pedestrians, motorists, and work crew.
• Follow all site health and safety regulations
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous civil construction labouring experience including road and sewer construction and excavating
• Able to work in extreme weather (heat and cold) and long hours
• Basic understanding of construction principals and procedures
• Physically fit and able to lift and move heavy objects (70lbs approximate)
• Ability to follow oral and written instruction and complete forms and records relevant to the job.
• Preference given to those with ability to read and follow drawings
• Willing to work alone, with little or no supervision
• Knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ontario Traffic Manual (OTM) Book 7, First-aid, CPR, and WHMIS
• Valid driver’s license and must have own transportation to and from work sites
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$35.00 per hour
Please email resume to: email@example.com