With 50 schools, over 22,000 students and more than 3,000 employees, the Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board (SMCDSB) is an education community bound together by our beliefs. Our facilities are located in some of the most beautiful natural settings in the province. Our Board encompasses a large and dynamic mixture of urban centers, small towns and rural areas throughout Central Ontario. From Tottenham and Bradford West Gwillimbury to Parry Sound and Huntsville, from Collingwood and Midland to Barrie and Orillia, we are focused on enhancing the educational and spiritual development of our students. We offer excellent programs, resources and supports so that students are provided with every opportunity to reach their future goals and aspirations.
Fulltime Licensed Electrician
“BCM Electric Systems is looking to hire a Licensed Electrician, 309A Construction and Maintenance to join our team. Applicants should be comfortable with primarily residential work, however commercial and industrial experience would be an asset. BCM is looking for an individual who is self motivated, works well with others as well as independently on jobs. Applicants must be capable of servicing the Barrie to Bracebridge area. Drivers Licence and reliable vehicle is required. We look forward to hearing from you!”
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Local fencing contractor looking for full-time labourer. Experience is an asset but not necessary. Must have reliable transportation. Call 705-322-1784 for further information on job requirements.
Central Painting Inc. is a national contractor specializing in Paints, Coatings and other surface coverings, and is looking for a Cost Estimator to join our growing team. We’re looking for someone with strong sales skills to promote themselves and our services.
• Prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of full cost estimates on conceptual, design-build or general tender work.
• Prepare and maintain a list of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
• Recommend/reject proposals and negotiate contracts.
• Evaluate and recommend allowances for indirect costs, escalation and contingency.
• Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
• Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
• Support other department personnel as required which may include preparing estimates for other disciplines.
• Assist Sales Manager and sales team to determine what types of projects to bid on.
• Participate in presentations to management and clients. May be responsible for “closing the sale”.
• Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required.
• Compile foreman’s packages for each job site landed with drawings, specification
• Review with Operations and QC the Schedule, Scope of Work and specifications of the project awarded.
• Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
• University or College diploma in construction/engineering degree, or construction related field.
• 5 + years of experience in cost estimation.
• Ability to use cost-estimating software to prepare cost quotes and bids.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel, word, etc.)
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current.
• Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools.
• Ability to work in a team environment with minimum supervision.
• Customer focused – respond promptly to customer needs.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers.
• Use of Personal Protection Equipment may be required (e.g. hard-hat, safety boots, etc.).
• Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
• Requires ability to climb ladders for heights of up to 60 feet.
• May be exposed to loud noise.
• Excellent stamina is required.
• Hazards associated with the construction industry.
• Customer Focused, Accountability & Dependability
• Communication Skills
• Understanding of Surface Preparation & Coating Application Equipment
• Energetic and Motivated
• Ethics, Integrity & Quality
• Problem Solving & Stress Management
We offer competitive salary plus bonus if sales targets are exceeded, benefits and an incredible work environment.
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Assistant –Tender Co-ordinator
This job requires a person who can handle multiple priorities and complete tasks amongst numerous interruptions. It requires great attention to detail and neat handwriting.
Knowledge of construction, knowledgeable in operating office equipment, electronic mail, proficient in MS Word, Excel, Project, Internet browser, typing speed 41-60 wpm, able to complete and read reports, forms, records, contracts and correspondence, type and proofread correspondence, forms and other documents, receive and forward telephone or electronic enquiries, process incoming and outgoing mail manually or electronically, send and receive messages, prepare equipment or software for type of document, provide general information to clients and the public,
Needs basic security clearance and criminal record check,
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Requires ability to work under pressure, tight deadlines, repetitive tasks, combination of sitting, standing, walking,
Own transportation, own vehicle, valid driver’s license, position requires travel throughout Ontario for site meetings and tender closings
Excellent oral and written communication skills; neat handwriting; excellent grammar and spelling; document use; numeracy; working with others; excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills; decision making; critical thinking; job task planning; significant use of memory; finding information; computer use; continuous learning
General Office Duties
Reception duties – answering phones, greeting office visitors, keeping front office area neat, ensuring fridge stocked with water/pop etc., business cards at front etc.
Provide support to Office Administrator, Project Manager and Estimator as required
Tender Co-ordinator Duties
Updating Bidder/Trade database
Attending site meetings and delivering tenders throughout Ontario when required
Prepare notes from site meetings
Duties outlined in the Tender/Estimates Procedures set out in Office Manual including
but not limited to:
• Maintain uploading website by deleting files no longer required
• Upload specifications and plans to tender website
• Create a list of bidders for each tender/estimate and review with Estimator for accuracy
• Forward Invitation to Bid to each Trade
• Inform bidders of any addenda and any other duties outlined in the Addenda procedures set out in Office Manual
• Follow up with invited trades to confirm whether or not quoting – ensure 3 of each required trade bidding
• Ensuring bid delivery whether by courier or hand
• Ensuring Estimator aware of all tender deadlines
• Apply for bonds and insurance certificates as specified in bid documents
Opportunity to use AutoCad skills if applicant has this skill set.
Please apply by sending cover letter and resume by facsimile to 705-238-5081 or by email to email@example.com. Only applicants that we wish to interview will be contacted.