If you enjoy working in a fast-paced Waterfront construction environment, we want you to join our dynamic team as a Designer Estimator! The ideal candidate has 5-10 years of relevant and hands on experience within the construction industry and is able to work effectively with all stakeholders (employees, contractors/sub-trades, suppliers, clients, owners).
• Design Estimator:
o Prepare work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; able to set priorities.
o Prepare project budget by studying drawings; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each project milestone.
o Have a comprehensive understanding of construction materials, methods, tools, equipment, and techniques required to complete required tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
o Provide multiple options for clients during design using working knowledge of CAD design.
o Manage changes to the project scope, schedule and associated costs using appropriate verification techniques.
o Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget and produce accurate estimates with detailed scope of work.
o Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
o Manage the expectations of client and all stakeholders.
o Establish and maintain relationships with vendors and clients; facilitate meetings to brief and clarify specific requirements of each project.
o Delegate project tasks based on other staff members’ strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
o Use and continually develop leadership skills and keep up with the documents and reporting requirements.
• In field/Onsite:
o Read and interpret written instructions, blueprints, and specifications.
o Assist with installing and removing aluminum pipe, floating and tower dock systems when required.
o Assist with installing boat lifts and marine rail systems when required.
o Perform service work as required, adjusting dock heights or alignment.
o Operate various tools and equipment, including chainsaw, winch, drills, and floating devices.
o Maintain standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, jobsites, and shop/yard areas.
o Read and interpret installation manuals, site layout drawings, and contract specifications to perform work activities.
o Demonstrate shoreline stewardship with environmental best practices and technical knowledge.
• Communicate effectively in English (verbal and written).
• Degree or diploma in a related field preferred
• 3+ years of experience in Construction Estimating
• Strong attention to detail
• Up to date on Ontario building code and local municipal requirements (Georgian Bay, Muskoka, Simcoe areas)
• Posses 5+ years of hands-on construction experience
• Knowledge of permit application, management, and closure process
• Perform work quickly and efficiently, demanding excellence in quality of work
• Ability to walk, stand, or crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks
• Desire to embrace and use technology
• Valid driver’s license, safe driving record and a boating license
• Well versed with the Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Demonstrated problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
• Demonstrated organizational and time-management skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
• Flexible working hours including occasional weekend work
• Work on difficult shoreline access, steep embankments
Canadian Waterfront Services, established in 2012, handles all aspects of Waterfront Construction, from permit to project completion. We have become product dealers and certified installers for multiple industry leading systems within our field including the construction of custom cottages, boathouses and accessory buildings, permanent pile and floating dock systems, general steel work, welding and fabrication, shoreline development design and demolition / disposal.
How to Apply
Please forward a resume and covering letter, referencing code “DE-JUL22”, to Jackie Faulkner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Canadian Waterfront Services Limited, is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you require a form of accommodation during the interview process, for reason of disability, please let us know.