bmg. GLASS + ALUMINUM INC. is a full-service glazing and aluminum operation located in Barrie, offering high quality and timely installations of curtain wall, store fronts, window walls, punched/fixed windows, entry systems, automatic doors/operators, interior glazing, glass balustrades, custom residential showers, auto/special heavy equipment, specialty and custom jobs.
About the Role
The Accounting Supervisor will be a hands-on individual with primary responsibilities for cash flow reporting and reconciliations, AP management and control, all financial statutory filings and reporting requirements, including HST & CBSA, GL account analysis and reconciliations, and assist the Chief Financial Officer with month-end requirements. The incumbent will be highly organized and will have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate financial records and control reports.
- Reconcile Bank accounts and prepare daily cash position report.
- Process AP wire payments through on-line banking for approval by Financial Controller
- Ensure HST & CBSA government financial filings are completed accurately and filed on a timely basis
- Ensure all postings of AP and cash activity are completed within three days after month-end.
- Complete all assigned account analysis and prepare / post all month-end journal entries by the fourth working day.
- Complete all assigned month-end reconciliations by the fifth working day and file electronically and in month-end binder.
- Provide assistance to Chief Financial Officer for the completion of analytical projects and requests.
- Perform other accounting duties as assigned.
- intermediate to advanced knowledge of QuickBooks
- Professional accounting designation (CGA, CMA, CA) or working towards would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications
- Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis techniques
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Computer literate, including effective working knowledge and skills of MS Office software
- Experience with fully integrated computer operating systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accepted accounting standards, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements
We offer competitive compensation, group benefits, RRSP contribution and more.
If you would like to be part of our team, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org