HVAC Technician – 12 Month Contract
• 542 Dieppe Rd, Borden, ON L0M 1C0, Canada
WHO ARE WE?
We’ve been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
Planned preventative and reactive maintenance to HRV, boilers, furnace, and air conditioning units. Including, but not limited to, filter changes, coil cleaning, replacing belts, pulleys, bearings, pump seals and associated assemblies, combustion test, balancing and adjusting.
• Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and Company directives related to building operations and works safety, TSSA.
• Conducts risk assessments and developed pre-work safety plans / job plans.
• Reviews assigned work orders and process through CMMS software.
• Estimates time and materials needed to complete repairs
• In partnership with the Operations Coordinator, orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
• Maintain a professional courteous manner and communication with client, employees, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees.
• Transport of tools and materials to work sites.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
• Ability to read mechanical, electrical and control drawings; knowledge of building automation system, life safety system, electrical systems and HVAC including boilers, chillers, pumps, motors, heat exchangers, AHU etc.
• Must be organized and provide deliverables in support of project plans.
• Basic understanding of floor plans, work order system and security.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and against strict time constraints.
• Ability to understand powered and non-powered tools.
• Must be able to effectively communicate (oral and written) with all employees, contractors and vendors.
• Self-starter and team player.
• Maintain a calm demeanor in emergency situations.
• Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office preferred and ability to work within CMMS.
• Problem solving and basic analytical skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Must achieve and maintain clear criminal and domestic record to obtain Level2- Secret security clearance for federal and military establishments
• Grade XII diploma required.
• G2 Gas certificate – Mandatory; G1 preferred.
• HVAC certificate of qualification as a refrigeration mechanic and air conditioning mechanic required with ODP card.
• Post-secondary college education preferred.
• HVAC TQ preferred, 313A
• 3 + years of directly comparable experience
• Must have valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract.
• Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
• Documented proof of Worker or Supervisor health and safety awareness training, as applicable.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.